- Facilitating a cooperative dialogue between southwest Washington public agencies and ACEC;
- Enhancing professionalism and integrity throughout the design and construction industry;
- Promoting quality and value through improved business practices;
- Investing in the future by promoting education, new technology, and research and development; and
- Promoting the use of project delivery methods that best serve the public interest.
The group plans to meet quarterly.
Pictured above, Vancouver Mayor Tim Leavitt, PE, PBS Engineering + Environmental, takes questions from the group during their January 28 meeting. He and Dan Swensen, City of Vancouver's Engineering Manager, provided the public agency update. About 40 members, guests and representatives from various southwest Washington public agencies attended the presentation on "Practical Design: Transforming Design Policy." Kevin Miller, SW Region Design and Engineering Services Manager, Washington State Department of Transporation, delivered the talk.
For more information please contact the steering committee chair, Matt Shanahan, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mwebber@acecOregon.org.
NEXT MEETING / PRESENTATION
Thursday, October 5, 2017
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Clark County Public Works
6th Floor Commissioners Hearing Room
Connecting Mass Transit and Trails - A Win-Win for Both
Good for one (1) continuing professional development credit.
Click HERE for more info and to RSVP.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
PAST MEETINGS / PRESENTATIONS
May 3, 2017
Bus on Shoulder Study & Pilot Project for SR-14 and I-205
January 26, 2017
Adapting Water Supplies Post-Condit Dam Removal
October 19, 2016
Collaborative Design of Context Sensitive Rockfall Mitigation - Challis Highway Project, Idaho
July 28, 2016
Landslide Mitigation using Anchored Shear Piles
April 28, 2016
Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People
January 28, 2016
Practical Design: Transforming Design Policy
October 6, 2015
Performance Based Intersection and Interchange Evaluations