ACEC Oregon Scholarship
Eligible high school seniors encouraged to apply for the ACEC Oregon scholarship
For more details, go to OSAC (Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion) 2017-18 Scholarship Catalog (click here: https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov/Catalog/Default.aspx) and search for "371." It is scholarship 371: American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon.
- Must be either a graduating high school senior (including GED students and home-schooled seniors) or have had no previous college education.
- GPA: 3.30+
- SAT score: 1800+ combined SAT scores or ACT composite of 28+ (NOTE: SAT scoring has changed; program administrator at Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion has confirmed that the change from 1800 to 1600 effective March 2016 will be accounted for in applicant pool selection query process; i.e., query practice will convert/determine scores based on the date the applicant took the SAT test to determine which score is required to meet our program specifications.)
- Major: Civil, electrical, environmental or mechanical engineering.
- Career field (preference): Applicants interested in the consulting engineering profession
- Colleges: Any Oregon four-year college that offers Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredited programs in the major fields of study (currently OIT, OSU, PSU, George Fox, University of Portland; check with your college if unsure of its accreditation)
- FAFSA: Not required - not based on financial need
- Automatically renewable if criteria met
(As stated here: http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/scholarships-timeline-deadlines.aspx.)
- February 15 - 5:00 pm PST each year: Early Bird deadline. Complete applications (including transcripts) submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and error-free apps will be entered into a drawing for one of several $1,000 Early Bird scholarship awards. *
- March 1 - 5:00 pm PST each year: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
- * In the event that a Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 pm (PST) of the following business day.
More info: www.OregonStudentAid.gov
OSAC (Oregon Student Access Commission) Scholarship Catalog:
What scholarship recipients are saying:
"Thanks for all the support ACEC has given me over the past four years!"
2011 scholarship recipient
"I am grateful to ACEC for the amazing experiences and opportunities!"
2010 scholarship recipient
"Thank you for ACEC Oregon's support through my undergrad education at Oregon State."
2007 scholarship recipient
from Echo, Oregon