ACEC Oregon Scholarship
Eligible high school seniors encouraged to apply for the ACEC Oregon scholarship
For more details, go to OSAC (Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion) 2018-19 Scholarship Catalog (click here: https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov/Catalog/Default.aspx) and search for "371." It is scholarship 371: American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon.
- Must be either a graduating high school senior (including GED students and home-schooled seniors) or have had no previous college education.
- GPA: 3.30+
- SAT score: 1800+ combined SAT scores or ACT composite of 28+
- Major: Civil, electrical, environmental or mechanical engineering. Excludes computer and biomedical engineering.
- Career field (preference): Applicants interested in the consulting engineering profession
- Colleges: Any Oregon four-year college that offers Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredited programs in the major fields of study (currently OIT, OSU, PSU, George Fox, University of Portland; check with your college if unsure of its accreditation)
- Enrollment: Full-time enrollment required.
- FAFSA: Not required - not based on financial need
- Automatically renewable if criteria met
(As stated here: http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/scholarships-timeline-deadlines.aspx.)
- February 15*: Early Bird deadline. Complete applications (including transcripts) submitted by this date will be entered into a drawing for one of several $1,000 Early Bird scholarship awards.
- March 1* : Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
* If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it will automatically be extended to 5:00 pm (PST) of the following business day.
More info: www.OregonStudentAid.gov
OSAC (Oregon Student Access Commission) Scholarship Catalog:
What scholarship recipients are saying:
♦ ♦ ♦
"The course load has been challenging but I have been learning a lot. I have been accepted as an OSU College of Engineering Ambassador for next year! I really appreciate all the support I have received from ACEC."
2016 scholarship recipient from McMinnville
♦ ♦ ♦
"I am excited for this opportunity (an internship) to gain new engineering skills and learn what it is like to work as an engineer in a professional environment."
2014 scholarship recipient from Sweet Home
♦ ♦ ♦
"Thanks for all the support ACEC has given me over the past four years!"
2011 scholarship recipient
of Portland, Spring 2015)
♦ ♦ ♦
"I am grateful to ACEC for the amazing experiences and opportunities!"
2010 scholarship recipient
Fox University, Spring 2014)
♦ ♦ ♦
"Thank you for ACEC Oregon's support through my undergrad education at Oregon State."
2007 scholarship recipient
from Echo, Oregon
State University, Spring 2011)