Start Date: 10/8/2019 7:30 AM PDT
End Date: 10/8/2019 12:00 PM PDT
Venue Name: David Evans and Associates, Inc. Location:
2100 SW River Parkway
Portland, OR United States 97201
A/E Firm Financial Management
Gain a high-level understanding of the principles of financial management at successful A/E firms through one or both of these two separate, back-to-back, two-hour sessions.
(Attend Part 1 @ 8:00 a.m. and/or
attend Part 2 @ 10:00 a.m.)
Part 1 - Foundations (Basics)
Part 2 - Drive Firm-Wide Financial Performance (Advanced)
- Strategy Maps (align leaders and staff)
- How to read a balance sheet & income statement
- Metrics that matter (how to calculate; ballpark industry norms; obtaining buy-in firm-wide through fair formulas and timeframes)
- Productive multiplier
- Overhead rate
- Balanced scorecards & KPIs
- Protecting and managing your financial position (long-term viability, banking/credit; insurance program; long-term commitments; safety net)
- Includes: Tips for successful relationships with banks
- Forecasting best practices
- Negotiate profitable projects
- Summary overview of merger and acquisition considerations
- Public client matters (overhead rates)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Larry Van Dyke, CPA, Certified Global Management Accountant and CFO, Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI)
Larry has more than twenty-five years of consistent achievement while serving as an instrumental member of and adviser to executive management, crafting and implementing strategic business-growth initiatives, creating impactful internal and external relationships, managing significant change initiatives, and driving all aspects of corporate finance and human relations. Larry gained particular expertise in values-driven leadership, strategic planning, financial management, M&A/joint ventures, and performance management during his stints at KAI, OCP Publications, the Archdiocese of Portland, and Arthur Andersen & Co.
- Members - $265 per person (if your firm is a member then you are a member)
- Non-members - $365 per person
- 7:30 a.m. - Check-in & breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. - Part 1 begins
- 10:00 a.m. - Part 2 begins
- 12:00 noon - Conclusion
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
2100 SW River Parkway
Portland, OR 97201
There are a few parking garages nearby:
This class is good for accruing two (2.0) or four (4.0) continuing professional development credits (depending if one attends one or both back-to-back sessions).
Cancellations must be received by Thursday, October 3, 2019.
THANK YOU TO DEA for providing the event space!