Start Date: 10/6/2021 8:00 AM PDT
End Date: 10/6/2021 10:00 AM PDT
Venue Name: Your desktop Location:
OR United States
Develop your firm's future leaders!
Enroll them in the
2021-22 Leadership Development Series
“The biggest challenge facing A/E firms today is development of our future leaders. We had several of our emerging leaders attend the ACEC Leadership Development program and the feedback I received was extremely positive. In particular, it helped them gain a broader perspective on the business aspects of consulting and we are already realizing the return on this investment in their leadership development.” --Larry Fox, PE, COO, DOWL
- Presenters are key industry professionals.
- CPDs – Each session is good for accruing 2.0 to 4.0 continuing professional development credits.
- Individuals who attend the entire series will receive certificates of completion and be recognized at the annual business dinner in May.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This series is ideal for project managers, designers and engineers who are:
- Interested in a leadership track in their career
- Shifting their focus from projects to organizational and financial goals of the firm
- Challenged by competing priorities
- Being asked to take on more responsibilities with the same resources
- New to managing multiple or complex projects
- New to managing people and teams
- ACEC members - $1,700
- Non-members - $2,400
PAST PARTICIPANTS SAY
“The series helped me by providing insightful methods, processes, practices and ways of thinking to continue to develop as a leader. Additionally, learning personality types and how to build a successful team with a well-rounded balance of different personality types was very insightful. I also gained knowledge about the Oregon political landscape, lobbying, how to have a voice, and the state legislature.” -- Craig Heimbucher, PE, Associate Engineer, Terraphase Engineering
“The ‘Enhancing Leadership Versatility and Personal Effectiveness’ session has helped me as I work with different team members. I have a new appreciation for different personalities and understand how they each can contribute to a positive project outcome.” --Jared Trowbridge, PE, Project Manager, DOWL
COURSE OUTLINE: At-A-Glance
Sessions are on Wednesdays and generally run from 8:00 to 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. (depending upon length of program)
||- Enhancing Leadership Versatility & Personal Effectiveness
||- Managing Time & Relationships
||- Demystifying Business Development
||- OFF (no program)
||- Political Involvement & QBS
||- Risk Management for A/E Firms
||- Financial Management for A/E Firms
||- From Doer to Leader: Lessons Learned
||- Graduates recognized at annual business event
Cancellations must be received by September 29, 2021.