Start Date: 3/6/2019 7:30 AM PST
End Date: 3/6/2019 12:00 PM PST
Venue Name: David Evans and Associates, Inc. Location:
2100 SW River Parkway
Portland, OR United States 97201
A/E Firm Financial Management
Gain a high-level understanding of the principles of financial management at successful A/E firms through one or both of these two separate, back-to-back, two-hour sessions.
These sessions will be particularly helpful for engineers who are interested in pursuing a firm-wide leadership position down the road, or simply wanting to provide value-added business support to your clients and firm.
Part 1 - Foundations (Basics)
Part 2 - Drive Firm-Wide Financial Performance (Advanced)
- How to read a balance sheet and income statement
- Keys to successful time reporting
- Metrics that matter (how to calculate; ballpark industry norms; obtaining buy-in firm-wide through fair formulas and timeframes)
- Productive multiplier
- Overhead rate
- Align staff through balanced scorecards and strategy maps
- Protect your financial position (insurance, credit line and cash safety net)
- Includes: Tips for successful relationships with banks
- Negotiate profitable projects
- Includes: Keys to overhead rate approval by DOTs (auditor and critical policies/procedures)
- Manage financially-successful projects
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Larry Van Dyke, CPA, Certified Global Management Accountant and CFO, Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI)
Larry has more than twenty-five years of consistent achievement while serving as an instrumental member of and adviser to executive management, crafting and implementing strategic business-growth initiatives, creating impactful internal and external relationships, managing significant change initiatives, and driving all aspects of corporate finance and human relations. Larry gained particular expertise in values-driven leadership, strategic planning, financial management, M&A/joint ventures, and performance management during his stints at KAI, OCP Publications, the Archdiocese of Portland, and Arthur Andersen & Co.
Lauren Poling, CPA, Financial and Risk Manager, Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI)
Lauren has spent her educational and professional career with an accounting and entrepreneurial focus. After receiving a master’s degree in accounting from the University of Oregon, Lauren started her career in public accounting where she established skills in team development and leadership, risk assessment, financial analytics, and client relationships. Lauren joined Kittelson in 2015 to balance risk mitigation and business needs as the Financial and Risk Manager and earned her CPA license in the process. She works on a variety of business projects such as: assessing corporate risk exposures, leading contract review and negotiation efforts, coaching the project team on project-related business issues, and maintaining insurance coverage compliance. In addition, she provides support for a variety of other Business Services needs and keeps up to date with changing risks to the industry.
- Members - $265 per person (if your firm is a member then you are a member)
- Non-members - $365 per person
- 7:30 a.m. - Check-in & breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. - Part 1 begins
- 10:00 a.m. - Part 2 begins
- 12:00 noon - Conclusion
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
2100 SW River Parkway
Portland, OR 97201
There are a few parking garages nearby:
- RiverPlace @ The Strand, 1852 SW River Drive ($16 max.)
- City Center Parking, 1875 SW River Drive ($16 max.)
- Montgomery Garage, 309 SW Montgomery Street ($10 max.)
This class is good for accruing two (2.0) or four (4.0) continuing professional development credits (depending if one attends one or both back-to-back sessions).
Cancellations must be received by Friday, March 1, 2019.
THANK YOU TO DEA for providing the event space!