Start Date: 4/28/2016 10:30 AM PDT
End Date: 4/28/2016 12:00 PM PDT
Washington State Dept. of Transportation
11018 NE 51st Circle
Vancouver, WA United States 98682
ACEC Oregon / SW Washington Public Agency Liaison Committee Meeting
Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People
Presented by the project's lead design engineer,
Norman Smit, PE, SE, Senior Associate,
TY Lin International
Mr. Smit is a Senior Associate with T.Y. Lin International, a world leader in the design and construction of signature bridges. He has 35 years of experience in a broad range of projects, including segmental bridge design, concrete arches, and cable stayed bridges throughout the United States and Canada.
Mr. Smit was the lead engineer for the design and construction of TriMet’s latest crossing of the Willamette River in Portland, “Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People." In the presentation he will provide an overview of the design and construction challenges for this unique structure that carries trains, buses, bicycles and pedestrians across the river.
PUBLIC AGENCY UPDATE
Matt Hall, Clark County Public Works
Engineering and Construction / Project Management Division
Project Management Section Supervisor
Department of Transportation
11018 NE 51st Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682
10:30 a.m. - Check-in
12:00 noon - Conclusion
(includes 30 mins. for Q&A)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Program is good for one (1) continuing
professional development credit.
No charge to attend!
To attend, please click on the registration link
to RSVP, either "Member Registration" or
"Public Registration," so we will know how
many to expect.
Please sign-up by Monday, April 25
WHAT IS THE ACEC / SW WASHINGTON
PUBLIC AGENCY LIAISON COMMITTEE?
To commit to a meaningful partnership between our organizations in the common purpose of providing quality and responsive consulting engineering services to the communities of southwest Washington.
Goals and objectives include:
- Facilitate a cooperative dialogue between southwest Washington agencies and ACEC.
- Foster an attitude that explores opportunities and resolves issues.
- Enhance professionalism and integrity throughout the design and construction industry.
- Promote quality and value through improved business practices.
- Invest in the future by promoting continuing education, new technology, and research and development.
- Promote the use of project delivery methods that best serve the public interest.