Civil Engineer- Salem
Founded in Portland, Oregon, in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; parks; residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development.
With a staff of 107, we serve clients across Oregon and southwestern Washington from our offices in Portland, Vancouver and Bend.
Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What we are seeking
A Civil Engineer who is interested in joining our Salem, OR
office. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team of growing professionals. We are looking for someone that wants to excel and grow their career and produce great work. The candidate needs to be a collaborative team player while also capable of working and thinking, independently.
An organization committed to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects and a chance to make a difference. We value and respect the creativity and input of our employees. It is because of this our employees have distinguished us with both national and regional awards for one of the Best Firms to Work For.
- Support work associated with technical calculations, reports, site design, residential development and transportation projects
- Thorough, detailed and able to meet established production deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Willingness to learn and be self-motivated
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered professional in Oregon; licenses in other states a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D plus
- Work history with architects and jurisdictions in Salem and surrounding areas
- Work history with Oregon Department of Transportation
Send your cover letter and resume PDF document to Employment@HHPR.com
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits which include company contribution to employee 401(K) Retirement plan without requiring a match. Health, Alternative Care, Vision and Dental benefits, company pays 100% of the premiums for employee and dependents. Also, includes long term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in the process of apply or interviewing due to a disability, please let us know.