Senior Bridge Designer
HHPR is looking for a Senior Bridge Engineer
that is excited to help expand our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional engineer who would like the opportunity to create a bridge division to complement our current services. This individual will want to work well a multidiscipline environment and have the organizational skills and desire to build a team.
- Design or rehabilitate highway and transportation structures including bridges, retaining wall and noise barriers for local clients.
- Conduct feasibility and alternative type studies for larger or more complex bridge projects.
- Perform engineer-of-record design computations and code checks, and develop contract plans and documents for superstructures, substructures, foundations and load ratings.
- Assist project managers in developing scopes of work, proposals and budgets for transportation projects and tasks.
- Responsible for managing project tasks, budgets, work plans, sub-consultants and schedules.
- Oversee and direct project team members and be responsible for scheduling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Initiate and maintain contact with other key project/program lead individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Maintain client relationships to ensure satisfaction and effectively communicate with all disciplines, agencies, and authorities involved in projects.
- Lead marketing and business development opportunities for transportation structures.
- Manage and mentor engineering and technical staff, including supervising, organizing and planning work to ensure appropriate team utilization.
- Provide oversight and resolution of issues during construction phase work.
- Performing QA/QC to ensure quality of team projects, including reviewing team designs and drawings to verify calculations and cost estimates.
Senior Bridge Designer
||Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc
||$110,000 - $140,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed engineer in the States of Oregon and Washington and the ability to receive reciprocity in other states as required.
- Minimum of 10 + years in civil engineering with an emphasis in bridge engineering.
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and NDS codes is required.
- Experience with federal and state agencies, including ODOT is preferred.
- Knowledge of bridge design software is required and an understanding of plan production in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits which include company contribution to employee 401(K) Retirement plan without requiring a match. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employee and dependents Health, Alternative Care, Vision and Dental benefits. Includes LTD benefits, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
||This listing expires on: 1/18/2022