Senior Structural Engineer
What We Are Seeking:
HHPR is looking for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer
with 10 or more years of structural design experience for our Portland, Oregon office
who will work well within a team environment, respond effectively to multiple deadlines, and produce great work. The candidate will be highly attentive to detail, have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Senior Structural Engineer
||Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Provide leadership, project organization, and project review with structural team
- Interacts with clients and/or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work on projects.
- Mentor technical staff in completion of work tasks.
- Perform engineer-of-record design computations and code checks, and develop contract plans and documents for structural projects including retaining walls, foundations for pre-manufactured/engineered structures; and all types of buildings as well as structural steel, and masonry in accordance with the building code adopted by the local jurisdiction.
- Assist project managers in developing scopes of work, proposals and budgets for transportation projects and tasks.
- Actively participate in structural QA/QC
- Performs feasibility studies/layout work and analysis of structures
- Provides input to make decisions on selection of cost efficient structural systems.
- Performing QA/QC to ensure quality of team projects, including reviewing team designs and drawings to verify calculations and cost estimates.
- Responsible for managing project tasks, budgets, work plans, sub-consultants and schedules.
- Initiate and maintain contact with other key project/program lead individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Maintain client relationships to ensure satisfaction and effectively communicate with all disciplines, agencies, and authorities involved in projects.
- Provide oversight and resolution of issues during construction phase work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
- Minimum of 10 + years in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering.
- Licensed Civil engineer or structural engineer (SE) with the ability to get Oregon or Washington license within a year.
- Structural Engineering License preferred
- Familiarity with applicable building codes and standards
- Knowledge of structural design software is required, understanding of plan production in AutoCAD and Revit desirable.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing.
||This listing expires on: 2/13/2022