Mid-Level Electrical Designer
R&W is seeking a full-time electrical designer in our Beaverton, Oregon office. This role requires the ability to learn, develop, and apply experience and knowledge of electrical equipment, systems, and principles to commercial, industrial, and municipal project types of various size and scope. Projects generally require the ability to understand and implement design criteria for electrical power distribution, lighting, and/or instrumentation & controls. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, capable of taking ownership of projects, and able to effectively communicate with utilities, other disciplines, and clients. They would also have the aptitude to learn and assist with the development of PLC/HMI/SCADA system designs and programming, and/or assist with power system studies.
Mid-Level Electrical Designer
||$70,000 - $90,000 based upon qualifications and professional experience
|Posting Start Date:
- Knowledge and use of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to follow specific project task-oriented direction.
- Ability to multi-task and address needs of multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to travel to project sites. Estimated percentage of time spent traveling is 10%.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Experience using Bluebeam or similar PDF editing software.
- Capable of making project design decisions relative to code requirements and client design direction with general or minimal input from a project manager or other senior level staff.
- Understanding and experience with application of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Five years or more experience in electrical and/or integration & controls (I&C) consulting field.
- EIT certification
Job duties may include:
- Familiarity with State of Oregon and Washington Energy Code. California Title 24 knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting software.
- Familiarity with Visual, AGI or similar photometric analysis software
- Experience with SKM, EasyPower, or similar power system study software.
- Ten years or more experience in electrical and/or integration & controls (I&C) consulting field.
- Develop electrical schematics, layouts, one-line diagrams, details and other electrical construction permitting documents.
- Project site visits, including data collection and analysis of electrical systems for design and/or system evaluations.
- Perform indoor and outdoor photometric analysis.
- Perform technical calculations related to load demand, voltage drop, conductor & conduit sizing, etc.
- Coordination of new and/or upgraded utility services.
- Write and review electrical specifications.
- Write technical reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Perform small project designs from start to finish with minimal oversight from the Project Manager or Project Engineer of Record.
- Lead on project construction phase activities including submittal reviews, answering contractor Requests for Information or Clarifications (RFI’s / RFC’s), site visits, punch list reports, record drawings, and related tasks.
- Work and communicate with clients, project owners/managers, and contractors.
- Work and communicate with internal design team members and project managers.
||This listing expires on: 1/9/2024