Senior Electrical Engineer
R&W is seeking a full-time senior electrical engineer in our Beaverton, Oregon office. This role requires the ability to oversee project designs and apply knowledge of electrical equipment, systems, and principles to commercial, industrial, and municipal project types of various size and scope in the production of permit construction documents including drawings and specifications. Applicable code knowledge and understanding is essential for this role. Writing proposals, project memorandums, engineering reports and the like are all vital elements. This role will require regular interaction with clients and partnering design firms to achieve successful completion of projects. The role will generally require project management skills and experience, oversight of project design level staff, project quality assurance for electrical power distribution, lighting, and/or instrumentation & controls, and advising/mentoring design staff. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, capable of taking ownership of projects, and able to effectively communicate with utilities, other project disciplines, and clients. They would ideally have some experience with the development of PLC/HMI/SCADA system designs and programming, and/or be able to perform power system studies and evaluations.
Senior Electrical Engineer
||$100k-125k to commensurate with qualifications and experience
|Posting Start Date:
- Knowledge and use of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to determine specific project tasks/needs and provide team direction where applicable.
- Ability to multi-task and address needs of multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to travel to project sites. Estimated percentage of time spent traveling is 10%.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Experience using Bluebeam or similar PDF editing software.
- Capable of making project design decisions relative to code requirements and client design direction with minimal input from a project manager or other senior level staff.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of electrical power and power distribution systems design.
- Experience and knowledge of commercial electrical design and lighting systems.
- Experience and knowledge of the overall commercial/municipal/industrial construction project process.
- Firm understanding and experience with application of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Familiarity with State of Oregon and Washington Energy Code.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting software.
- Familiarity with Visual, AGI or similar photometric analysis software.
- Familiarity with SKM, EasyPower, or similar power system study software.
- Ten years or more experience in electrical and/or instrumentation & controls (I&C) consulting field.
- Active PE certification for the State of Oregon, held for 5+ years.
Job duties may include:
- Experience and knowledge of water/wastewater electrical systems design.
- Experience and knowledge of instrumentation and controls design for municipal and industrial type projects.
- Experience with PLC/HMI/SCADA programming.
- Experience with California Title 24.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting software.
- Proficiency with Visual, AGI or similar photometric analysis software.
- Direct experience with applied use of SKM, EasyPower, or similar software in the preparation of power system studies.
- Active PE certification for the State of Washington, and State of California.
- Provide instruction or assistance to designers who may be assisting with project design.
- Review and/or supervision of checking design plans, documents, and quantities.
- Project design quality assurance/control review and comment.
- Develop electrical schematics, layouts, one-line diagrams, details and other electrical construction permitting documents.
- Project site visits, including data collection and analysis of electrical systems for design and/or system evaluations; overnight trips on occasion based on project needs and location.
- Perform indoor and outdoor photometric analysis.
- Perform technical calculations related to load demand, voltage drop, conductor & conduit sizing, etc.
- Coordination of new and/or upgraded utility services.
- Write and review electrical specifications.
- Write technical reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Perform assigned project designs from start to finish with minimal oversight from the Project Manager or Project Engineer of Record.
- Sealing project design documents with PE
- Lead project construction phase activities including submittal reviews, answering contractor Requests for Information or Clarifications (RFI’s / RFC’s), site visits, punch list reports, record drawings, and related tasks.
- Attend project meetings.
- Work and communicate effectively with clients, project owners/managers, and contractors.
- Work and communicate effectively with internal design team members and project managers.
||This listing expires on: 1/9/2024