ACEC Oregon Scholarship
DOWL pledges $2,500 annually, ongoing, for named scholarship
The ACEC Oregon Scholarship Committee awards $2,500 per year to undergraduate engineering students attending Oregon colleges and universities. The annual recipient may remain on scholarship for four years as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
The scholarship was created to encourage incoming freshmen to choose engineering as a major and to promote the consulting engineering profession.
The ACEC Oregon Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee are asking member firms to boost the profession with a gift to the scholarship fund.
Please consider joining your fellow member firms in creating a named scholarship for $2,500, or making a donation to the general fund.
Click HERE for a pledge form, or contact mwebber@acecOregon.org.
Thank you to these firms for their on-going, annual, contributions!
Eligible high school seniors encouraged to apply for ACEC Oregon scholarship
Annual deadline is March 1 (submit to OSAC)
For more details, go to OSAC (Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion) 2019-20 Scholarship Catalog (click here: https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov/Catalog/Default.aspx) and search for "371." It is scholarship 371: American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon.
- Must be either a graduating high school senior (including GED students and home-schooled seniors) or have had no previous college education.
- GPA: 3.30+
- SAT score: 1800+ combined SAT scores or ACT composite of 28+
- Major: Civil, electrical, environmental or mechanical engineering. Excludes computer and biomedical engineering.
- Career field (preference): Applicants interested in the consulting engineering profession
- Colleges: Any Oregon four-year college that offers Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredited programs in the major fields of study (currently OIT, OSU, PSU, George Fox, University of Portland; check with your college if unsure of its accreditation)
- Enrollment: Full-time enrollment required.
- FAFSA: Not required - not based on financial need
- Automatically renewable if criteria met
(As stated here: http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/scholarships-timeline-deadlines.aspx.)
- February 15*: Early Bird deadline. Complete applications (including transcripts) submitted by this date will be entered into a drawing for one of several $1,000 Early Bird scholarship awards.
- March 1* : Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
* If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it will automatically be extended to 5:00 pm (PST) of the following business day.
More info: www.OregonStudentAid.gov
OSAC (Oregon Student Access Commission) Scholarship Catalog:
What scholarship recipients are saying:
♦ ♦ ♦
"The course load has been challenging but I have been learning a lot. I have been accepted as an OSU College of Engineering Ambassador for next year! I really appreciate all the support I have received from ACEC."
2016 scholarship recipient from McMinnville
♦ ♦ ♦
"I am excited for this opportunity (an internship) to gain new engineering skills and learn what it is like to work as an engineer in a professional environment."
2014 scholarship recipient from Sweet Home
♦ ♦ ♦
"Thanks for all the support ACEC has given me over the past four years!"
2011 scholarship recipient
of Portland, Spring 2015)
♦ ♦ ♦
"I am grateful to ACEC for the amazing experiences and opportunities!"
2010 scholarship recipient
Fox University, Spring 2014)
♦ ♦ ♦
"Thank you for ACEC Oregon's support through my undergrad education at Oregon State."
2007 scholarship recipient
from Echo, Oregon
State University, Spring 2011)